- So, my first advice is ‘take anything that is remotely related to what you think you want to do.’
- So, the second thing is to connect in a meaningful way with your colleagues, and with those who have jobs in the field you would choose. Referrals for work are the number one way people get better jobs!
- Eighty percent of available jobs are never advertised, and over half of all employees get their jobs through networking, according to BH Careers International.
- The third thought is that you must carry out an active, as opposed to a passive, job search. It is not enough to respond to leads from want ads or employment agencies. Carrying out an active search allows you to control the job search process and opens up many more job opportunities. It is estimated that only 10% of jobs are actually found from online searches.
- Have a great attitude. Dress appropriately for any job interviews. Remember to smile.
- The fourth thing is to conduct Informational interviews. Meet with someone from the firm to get more detailed information about the company itself and possibly a job lead. This shows initiative and helps you to know if a place is where you would like to work.
- The fifth suggestion if you are a person of faith, is to pray and ask God’s help in your search. Ask Him to inspire you about what you desire to do and with whom you should talk to find out more.
One more thought: Can you be an INTROVERT and have a successful JOB SEARCH? Click on the link to the left and find out!
Jeremiah 29:11-13 “I know the plans that I have for you. This message is from the Lord. I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future.”